This Tater Taco Casserole is a Mexican mixture of taco meat, beans, corn, and cheese topped with tater tots and enchilada sauce. The family will love this tater tot casserole (some people call it a hot dish) recipe with a spicy kick! This Tater Taco Casserole is a twist on the classic dinner.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- Optional: fresh cilantro leaves, diced tomatoes, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in corn and soup.
- Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Arrange Tater Tots in a single layer over the top. Bake, uncovered, until potatoes are crispy and golden brown, 30-35 minutes. If desired, top with cilantro, tomatoes and sour cream.
1 serving: 489 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1384mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.