Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1 boneless beef rump or chuck roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 medium carrots, cut into thirds
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 carton (32 ounces) beef broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown roast in oil on all sides. Place carrots, potatoes and onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Place roast on top of vegetables; sprinkle with steak seasoning. Add broth. Cook, covered, on low 10-12 hours, until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Remove roast and vegetables from slow cooker; keep warm.
- Transfer cooking juices to a saucepan; skim off fat. Bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with roast and vegetables.
1 serving: 354 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.